We’ve compiled a list of questions that you should ask your kidney doctor. Whether it’s your first visit to a nephrologist or if you have been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, these are important questions you can ask so you have the knowledge you need to make the best decisions for your healthcare.
- Why am I being referred to a nephrologist?
- What are the signs that my kidneys may be in trouble?
- What is creatinine and how is that important?
- Do I need a biopsy?
- What is a biopsy and what are the risks?
- What stage of kidney failure am I at?
- How did I get this disease? What causes kidney failure?
- Can I reverse this?
- What are my options?
- What is dialysis?
- Is a transplant an option for me?
We understand that doctor’s visits can be overwhelming with information. If you have a loved one or caregiver who can attend with you, they can help take notes and make sure that you get all your questions answered.
Dallas Renal Group physicians spend time with you to answer all your questions, listen to your concerns, and work with you to determine the best plan of action.